This module will provide information and resources on numerous aspects of care coordination.
Why is this important?
- Improves patient outcomes
- Decreases medical errors
- Decreases fragmentation in care
- Decreases ER visits and hospitalizations
- Builds stronger relationships between clinicians and patients
- Decreases utilization and wasted care
How will these tools help?
- Improves revenue and margins
- Reduces expenses due to the elimination of unnecessary care
- Increases market share
- Improves the patient experience of care
- Improves clinician satisfaction and joy in practice
- Improves key practice quality metrics
This module is intended to be used by the following practice staff:
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
- Medical Assistants
- Practice Managers
- Understand key elements to successful optimization of coordination of care in a medical neighborhood
- Explore strategies for developing and sustaining enhanced care coordination services in your practice.
- Implement workflows and documentation processes that facilitate care coordination between primary care and specialists.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented care coordination strategies.
Practice Advisor Content Manager
Kellyn Pearson, MSN, APN
Manager Practice Support, American College of Physicians
Sara Hayes, MPH
Associate, Center for Patient Partnership, American College of Physicians
President and CEO of the Institute for Patient and Family Centered Care
Mary Minniti, BS, CPHQ
Senior Policy and Program Specialist
Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care (IPFCC)
Director, Center for Child and Family Experience
Sala Institute for Child and Family-Centered Care
Melora Simon, MPH
Program Director, America's Most Valuable Care
Stanford Clinical Excellence Research Center
Jennifer Sweeney, MA
Vice President, National Partnership for Women and Families
Wendy Nickel, MPH
Director Center for Patient Partnership, American College of Physicians
Senior Associate, Practice Management
Practice Support Coordinator
- 1.00 Attendance